THINGS WE WOULD
LOVE YOU TO KNOW
All your FAQs answered!
Answering all of the most FAQs below, as well as have our do & don’t list at the bottom of the page. If you have a question that has not been answered don’t hesitate to ask! We are here to help you rock your session!
• WHAT IS THE COST?
Your Boudoir Experience is $297 for a full day of self loving fun and includes professional hair and makeup, a guided photoshoot experience and all the pre-planning that happens before your shoot. Images are NOT included in this price and will be purchased at your Reveal & Ordering appointment. How much you invest really depends on you, but I can let you know that most of our clients invest anywhere from $1797-$2597 in themselves. We have a great payment plan available as well, to help you have it ALL!
• WHEN SHOULD I BOOK?
Sessions take time to plan and I book up quickly, so aim to book your session about 12 weeks in advance from when you want your final photos.
• WHEN WILL I SEE MY PHOTOS?
3 weeks after your session, you’ll be invited back to my studio for your photo reveal, where I’ll unveil the standouts from your shoot. We’ll arrange your Professional Album Design & Print Consultation on the same day.
• HOW DO I DISPLAY MY IMAGES?
My favourite question! There are so many great ways to showcase your portraits. I love albums, and wall art metal prints are a show stopper and client fav! I also have a range of al a carte items in my boutique which you get to shop in person, the best kinda way to shop I say!
• WHERE WILL THE SESSION TAKE PLACE? IS THERE PARKING?
Sessions take place in my home studio, located in Coquitlam, BC. Parking is free! I have a dog at home, she is lovely and kind, just a bit loud when you get here, but if you don’t like dogs let me know and I can make arrangements for her.
• I AM AWKWARD AF, WILL YOU HELP ME LOOK GOOD?
I’ve got your back, girl! I’ll help pose you from head to toe, and it’s my job to find the best light and the angles that will make you feel amazing. All you’ll need to do is relax, and trust me!
That said, I get that this is a very vulnerable experience, so one thing I always recommend is taking the time before your session to feel as confident as you can. Meditate, journal, rock out to a great playlist on the way over. You do you, girl! Once you get here, hair and makeup will make you feel amazing, and we’ll blast your favourite music to keep you in the zone.
• WHAT SHOULD I PREPARE?
Planning your outfits is a good idea, but the best thing you can do is prepare yourself mentally. I want you to come ready to celebrate yourself! Come with an open mind and loving heart towards yourself. I know this isn’t something most of us practice often (if at all), but I’ll be here as your coach and your cheerleader!
To help us both prepare, I’ll give you a little homework. It’s a little bit of self-reflection and it’s really fun! I’ll ask you to A) make a Pinterest board for the shoot; and B) make a playlist of songs you love, that will put you in the zone for the shoot.
• WHAT SHOULD I WEAR? HOW MANY OUTFITS CAN I BRING?
Bring clothing that you feel amazing in! I’m not here to tell you exactly what you should wear. Instead, I’d encourage you to think about what beauty, femininity, strength, and sexuality looks like for you. Some women love boyshorts, some love thongs. Some women want to rock the vintage band tee that they’ve had since high school. Do you and choose whatever makes you feel beautiful with a touch a badass! You DON'T even have to wear lingerie, honestly we want you to wear whatever makes you feel amazing, confident and beautiful.
We’ll shoot three outfits, but you are welcome to bring more. You don’t have to spend a fortune on clothing, so shop in your own wardrobe first, but by all means if you want to treat yo’self go to town friend and get those fancy panties or sexy harness you have been dreaming of! You deserve it!
• I DON'T WANT TO GET NAKED, IS THAT OK?
Absolutely! Just like I said above-- this is about what makes you feel beautiful and most like yourself. Once you book, I’ll work with you to plan for your session so that it reflects who you truly are. But just know that you do not need to get naked to have a boudoir shoot. Sensuality and sexuality are so much more than just nudity.
• DO I NEED TO BRING MAKE-UP?
No! I’ve got you covered, but if you have a signature shade or a favourite lipstick, please feel free to bring it! Come with a fresh face, ready to be pampered. Our amazing team will hook you up with camera-ready makeup that reflects you perfectly, while elevating your day-to-day look just a little.
• WHAT ABOUT MY HAIR, I AM TERRIBLE AT STYLING IT
Ha ha me too friend, me too! That is why I hired the best stylist I could find! We will take care of that too! Come with bone dry hair that’s either clean or one-day-dirty.
• HOW LONG IS A BOUDOIR EXPERIENCE?
Plan for 4hours total. Hair and makeup takes 1.5 hours, and the shoot itself is about 2 hours long, depending on how chatty we get :) This is a day dedicated to you, take the day off, clear your calendar and heck book a night out after cause girl you are going to look and feel amazing when we are done!
• WHAT RETOUCHING DO YOU DO?
All of my photos are edited in black and white, and retouched only slightly. I will generally smooth out the skin (removing some wrinkles, blemishes, cellulite, strong veins), but I don’t nip and tuck. Additional editing can be done upon request and for an additional charge.
• CAN I BRING A FRIEND TO MY SHOOT?
As much as I know your friends must be awesome it’s best if they sit the session out (or book one for themselves!) Due to the nature of this type of session it can often take people some time to ease into things and the extra person there can make it a bit hard for you to relax (no matter how much you adore them!) You are very welcome to invite them to your reveal though!
• WHAT DAYS DO YOU HOLD THE BOUDOIR EXPERIENCES?
Both shoots and reveal sessions can be booked between Monday and Friday, starting at 10am. An evening reveal can be arranged upon request.
• SHOULD I BRING PROPS?
No props needed. Embrace Sessions are meant to focus on you, and props can be a distraction. If anything, flowers can make a beautiful addition. If you have a specific vision for your photos that would include a prop or two, send me a message and we’ll chat about it.
• DO YOU PHOTOGRAPHY MEN?
No, sorry guys! I have photographed men in some of the other work I do, but for my boudoir and intimate portraits I focus on working with womxn.
• DO YOU PHOTOGRAPH EROTIC ART?
No, I do not photograph erotic art or couples. While I believe there’s room for all kinds of photography, my style is a simple and timeless approach to boudoir that focuses on one person at a time.
• ARE YOU GOING TO SHARE MY IMAGES?
Of course as a photographer I love showing off my images to celebrate the amazing womxn I get to work with, but I take your comfort level and your privacy very seriously. At your reveal, we’ll go over your images and discuss your comfort level for sharing them. You will have the final say on which images, if any, will be shared and I will make sure to get that in writing from you.
• IF I DON'T WANT HAIR & MAKE-UP CAN I GET A DISCOUNT?
Friend this is a big part of your Boudoir Experience, sitting down and being pampered. Amazing hair and makeup will help you feel ready to rock your shoot like the queen you are! So we do not remove it from any of our Boudoir Experiences. Trust me, you will love it, and having a pro who knows what she is doing get you ready and knows the right products to use saves us in retouching time as you will already look ahhhhmazing!
I’m ready to book! Now what?
First off, high five friend! I am so happy that you want to book a shoot! Congratulations a big step in celebrating yourself. You deserve this! To get started, complete this contact form. I’ll get in touch by phone soon after so that we can book a time and you can tell me all about your vision. A $297 non-refundable deposit will secure your spot. I can’t wait to make beautiful art with you in my Coquitlam Boudoir Studio!!
I have a zero diet, zero negative self talk rule because we’re going for confidence! I know we all have our things-- I have them too-- and of course you can share those with me. I’m a vault and here for you all the way. Just know that I’ll encourage you to move past those thoughts and get back to rocking your session as quickly as possible.
- Come with an open mind & open heart
- Prepare your mind by journaling, meditating, or listening to music
- Make a Pinterest mood board, it helps both of us get an idea of your vision
- Put together a playlist, nothing like having your own tunes on to get you into the zone!
- Focus your energy on self-love and body acceptance
- Eat Breakfast! I will have snacks, but it’s good to get you well fueled for your session.
- Get a fake tan or self-tan before a shoot as they can look, well, fake!
- Get a new haircut right before a shoot unless you’re 100% sure you’re going to love it.
- Wax the day before! Waxing can leave red marks or rashes on your skin. I suggest waxing 3-5 days before your shoot.
- Show up intoxicated or on any substance. I will refuse to shoot you in this case, and you will forfeit your session fee. If you’re worried or stressed about the shoot, contact me and we’ll come up with a plan.
- Focus on what you don’t like about yourself. We all have those areas and I’m not asking you to love them, just not to focus on them for now.
This is all about channeling your confidence!
- Stress out. I know this can be a really never wracking experience. I promise, as soon as you get here, that will all melt away.
- Come with big expectations of how you think the images should look. Oh the nasty “should” word! All bodies are different, and they’re all equally fabulous! No two people or three or a zillion will look the same in the same pose.